1. 2. 3. Go








Lets start with me.

 

Who am I?
Matthew Shillings. 21. Male. Optimist.  


Occupationally I am an engineer, 
I am a relentless running junkie (which is probably fuelled by the coffee)
Also have a very intense fixation for Tesla and their ethos. 








Me and Coffee. 

I, like many do, saw coffee as a means to wake me up in the morning and to keep me going throughout the day.
I would think I was a coffee person because of all the Starbucks and Costas I would drink. 

Until i found a speciality coffee shop in the centre of Lincoln city called Coffee Aroma. Since then coffee has never really been the same. I found myself falling deeper and deeper into the culture of coffee. Learning more about it each time I found a new shop to visit.

After doing certain research I invested in my first espresso machine which I use every day without fail.
I have a Sage bean-to-cup espresso machine. After I received my first pack of beans from Pact I started to try out all different varieties of coffee from all over the world. This is when I first felt myself slipping in to this addiction to coffee and the culture. But, hey, whats wrong with that, right? 

I continued to try various types of beans. By now my family and friends have picked up on the fact that I love coffee and I ended up with many packs of coffee for Christmas and birthday presents. I am now the family's 'barista' but I would say I am far from that! Although I do take up every opportunity to make them a Flat white, Latte or Cortado. My ever failing attempts of coffee art will be perfected eventually (or so my optimistic side hopes so).  

I wish to learn the intricacies of coffee selection, beans, roasting as well as different drinking styles. Looking at flavour wheels sends my mind in to a downward spiral. How can coffee have so many different flavours? Im looking forward to finding out and discovering this other side to coffee including the culture.    

To conclude; I still have much to learn but, I want to share my learning, particularly coffees I find and coffee shops, with readers who are on the same path with coffee.



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, I think your blog is great so far and I look forward to seeing what you discover and share on your coffee educating journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff! I really appreciate the comments :) I hope i can keep creating worthy content.

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig