The Start



The Start 


My name: Matthew Shillings.

I am a self confessed coffee addict/lover although i haven't quite worked out which one it is yet. Please do not be mistaken I am no professional barista nor do I believe I know how to detect the slight differences in taste between a Columbian roast and a Jamaican roast. I can however, simply appreciate and admire the effort and story that comes from the coffee experience.

I am immersed in the speciality coffee culture and lifestyle. 

I want to bring to this blog the experiences and pleasures that coffee has brought to me throughout my journey as well as new ones I encounter. I hope to be able to present to you how I see coffee through my eyes. 

Where to start, tricky question right?  Simple answer: Anywhere.
I have no quirky photography skill nor can I paint a elaborate picture in the mind about different coffees (although I will try my best) I have a personality and I wish to express my opinion, so lets begin. 





SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Matthew, I'm curious what type of espresso machine you use. Based on the image on the blog of the portafilter with a machine in the background, if I were to guess it's a Breville?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got a 'Sage The Barista Express Espresso Machine and Grinder'. It's a fantastic machine once you have it all dialled in to the coffee beans. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would explain the similarities. It must be a U.S., UK thing because the the Sage Barista Express and the Breville Barista Express are exactly the same. So it turns out I was I was right and sort of wrong (name only).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sometimes the US to U.K. Products get mixed up a little. Haha

      Delete
  4. Such a cool concept for a blog! ☕️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I can make it in to how I imagine it can be in my head.

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig